Welcome to the old website for
Celtic Knot Crochet -


Everything that was here plus oodles of NEW content including more Celtic Knot designs, FREE crochet patterns, links to video tutorials and MORE! has now moved to:




www.celticknotcrochet.com




Please popover and visit us there!
Thanks for stopping by.

Saturday, April 16, 2016

Eva Folk Jumper

 


When I was in middle school I started learning a few languages. Our school offered French, German, Spanish and Russian.  Everyone could try out each language for a few months and then pick one to study in 8th grade and all through high school.  I picked Russian and loved studying a language that looked so different. 

Then when I was in high school, our school was chosen as a 'sister school' of a special English-teaching school in Moscow.  I was able to go live with a Russian family for a month my junior and senior year and a Russian girl came and lived with us for a month each year.  It was a wonderful experience and helped me decide to study Russian in college.  Now I teach Russian to kids of all ages and continue to enjoy learning about their culture and history.

I love many examples of Russian Folk Art that can be seen in their folk costumes, nesting dolls, village crafts and in every souvenir shop.  In the Spring issue of Crochet! there is a Russian-inspired girl's dress  - the Eva Folk Jumper.
M22162_evafolkjumper_300_small2
 

Some of the Russian folk costumes are similar to this - they have a band of decorative ribbon along the top and down the center.  This decorative band is made out of several flower motifs.  I crocheted this with Omega Sinfonia's 100% cotton yarn - it comes in bright colors and looks great in all the stitches.  The pattern can be found here as an instant digital download - It is written for several sizes - 12 mo, 2T, 3T and 4T.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment