Welcome to the old website for
Celtic Knot Crochet -


Everything that was here plus oodles of NEW content including more Celtic Knot designs, FREE crochet patterns, links to video tutorials and MORE! has now moved to:




www.celticknotcrochet.com




Please popover and visit us there!
Thanks for stopping by.

Friday, September 4, 2015

Butterfly Wall Art

Butterfly Wall Art

 
Have you tried crocheting with the super sparkly Red Heart yarn called, "Swanky"? The photo above does not do the sequins justice for they shimmer and shine from all angles of light.  I love that the sequins perfectly match the color of the yarn which comes in great jewel tones.

Last summer (July 2014) when I designed and implemented a community yarn bomb for the Knit and Crochet Show (in honor of CGOA's 20th anniversary), I tried to incorporate this showy yarn in a variety of unique pieces shown below.  It was great fun to decorate the inside lobby of the hotel  - it is filled with simple gardens of tropical plants and rock beds.

 
Hovering Hummingbird

 
Resting Butterfly

 
'Flying Butterfly' in Silver

 
Happy Little Sparkly Bird
 
The pattern for the butterfly shown in silver above is now available for FREE through Red Heart:
 
 
I think this butterfly design would be a cute addition to a little girl's room or a college student's dorm room.  If you give it a try, feel free to email me with questions or send me a photo. I'd love to see how yours turns out!
 
 


1 comment:

  1. How can I get the sea turtle floatie pattern since the magazine no longer exists. My grandson must take two 20 minute baths daily for eczema and he gets so bored. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete